Live Life Well @ School is a joint initiative between the NSW Department of Education and NSW Ministry of Health to:
- get more students, more active, more often
- focus on healthy eating habits.
Live Life Well @ School assists schools to:
- develop whole school strategies that support physical activity and healthy eating
- improve the teaching of nutrition and physical education through a focus on PDHPE programs
- foster community partnerships that promote and support whole of school strategies
- provide opportunities for more students to be more active, more often.
Tips for parents and carers http://www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au/parents-carers.aspx
Crunch and Sip
Crunch&Sip is a set time in primary schools for students to ‘refuel' on vegetables, salad and fruit and ‘rehydrate' with water. Students who are not hungry and are well hydrated perform better in the classroom, show increased concentration, and are less likely to be irritable and disruptive. Many students are not eating enough vegetables and fruit or keeping sufficiently hydrated.
Crunch and Sip at DPS takes place and 10.15am each day in classrooms.
Click on the link for more information about crunch and sip.
Click on the link below to read our Nutrition Policy.
DPS Nutrition Policy (docx 51 KB)